Roseanne Barr says she’s ‘fine’ after heart attack rumors
“I’m fine,” Barr, 66, said to her followers after concerns about her health went viral Saturday night.
The rumors were sparked when a man claiming to Barr’s agent said on a popular online radio show the star had suffered an alleged heart attack and was being rushed to the Emergency Room. Barr’s fans quickly took to Twitter to wish her a speedy recovery. But within a few hours of the news spreading Barr took to Twitter herself to reassure her fans that she was okay.
Barr has been a pop culture and political fixture since the reboot of her hit ABC show Roseanne was cancelled in May following a racist comment Barr made on Twitter. A spinoff tilted The Conners and focusing more on the ensemble fictional Midwest family, premiered in October with Roseanne’s namesake character killed off due to an opiate overdose.
The real life Barr has been open in the past about her health difficulties. Earlier this year she opened up about a misdiagnosis that led her to believe she was going blind due to macular degeneration and glaucoma.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS HERE AT THE USA TODAY WEBSITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Radio & Music man Bobby Gale killed in car crash
- Talk Host Bill Carroll replacing Evan Solomon on…
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Former CTV Anchor Tamara Taggart Running for Fed…
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- CHEK Loses Rising Star Ceildh (Kaley) Miller to…
- After 20 years in Edmonton, Stephen Keppler &…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dying CNN Lost Almost 30% of Primetime Audience