C-FAX Victoria Veteran Dave Shearer Has Died
It popped up today in the Times Colonist’s obituaries .. sad word from the UK that longtime C-FAX announcer/engineer Dave Shearer has passed at age 89.
SHEARER, David William Edward Born January 25, 1929 in Greenwich England. Passed suddenly on October 24, 2018. Predeceased by his first wife June. Dave will be sadly missed by his wife Carole Brown, stepdaughter Susan (Matt), stepson James (Lynn) and grandchildren Miles, Olivia, Ava and Hayley.
David also leaves behind his sister Elizabeth along with a large group of wonderful friends who meant so much to Dave.
Dave was involved with the Esquimalt Lions club for over 50 years. He also had a career with CFAX Radio spanning 25 years.
Dave had a passion and a gift for building model air planes and boats and was a history buff with an amazing amount of knowledge.
Dave had a fulfilling life and will be most remembered for his memorable radio voice, his sense of humour, generosity and most of all his ability to make you feel loved.
A Celebration of Life will be held at the Glen Meadows Golf & Country Club, 1050 McTavish Road, Sidney BC on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. Memorial donations can be made directly to CFAX Santas Anonymous.
Thanks for all you did to inform and entertain our community, Dave, with your warm and welcoming radio personna. You have left a lot of admirers behind.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Fires Morning Show
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Victoria’s KOOL FM Teasing a Change
- More on Victoria’s KOOL FM Morning Show Changes
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- “Save Cold Lake Radio”! (Stingray is…
- Victoria’s KOOL FM becomes 107.3 Virgin Radio
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- RIP Broadcaster Mike Cleaver, Newsman…