My Favorite Flashback – Today’s feature, Bill Haley and his Comets
One of the early rock and roll songs
“Rock Around the Clock” was written by Max C. Freedman and James E. Myers with the best known and recorded version by Bill Haley and his Comets, and released in the summer of 1955.
The song also became a movie by the same name in 1956, featuring Haley and his Comets
The song was also featured during the opening credits of the movie Blackboard Jungle, and again in the 1973 film American Graffiti
The song ranked No. 158 on the Rolling Stone magazine’s list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Vancouver’s CKNW Celebrates 75 Years!
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal