My Favorite Flashback – Today’s feature, Bill Haley and his Comets
One of the early rock and roll songs
“Rock Around the Clock” was written by Max C. Freedman and James E. Myers with the best known and recorded version by Bill Haley and his Comets, and released in the summer of 1955.
The song also became a movie by the same name in 1956, featuring Haley and his Comets
The song was also featured during the opening credits of the movie Blackboard Jungle, and again in the 1973 film American Graffiti
The song ranked No. 158 on the Rolling Stone magazine’s list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- Jim Acosta White House Press Pass Suspended