Michaela Pereira Among Several Hosts Turfed in HLN Retrenchment
Ashleigh Banfield and Carol Costello Will Also Leave in Program Shuffle
The change in direction reflects some tough realities for the network, which executives feel has not reaped as much from the Trump news cycle as its corporate sister, or rivals like Fox News Channel and MSNBC. Like HLN, those networks have also put more resources into their daytime schedules. But executives appear to have concluded HLN’s lineup is not performing in a way that warrants some of the investment that has been placed against it.
“The current cable news landscape is dominated by politics. Our live news shows have not benefited from this trend given our story mix. However, HLN’s longform programs have been performing very well,” said Ken Jautz, the CNN executive vice president who oversees HLN, in a memo sent to staffers Tuesday.
Published on October 16, 2018 at 10:20 am by mikedup
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- Jim Acosta White House Press Pass Suspended