Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
September 30, 2018
Radio station 92.1 CITI-FM announced it has hired a replacement for morning show DJ Dave Wheeler, who filed a $1.4 million lawsuit against Rogers Media after he was fired.
TJ Connors, a native Winnipegger whose dad is former radio broadcaster Scruff Connors, will join the station on Dec. 3 as part of the new Rena, TJ and Turnbull show from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The station calls the show, which will feature personality Kelly Butler, “a dream team of diverse personalities and edgy humour.”
“Rena, TJ, Dave and Kelly each bring their own authentic personalities and humour to the table and that’s what makes great radio,” Kevin Britton, the station’s program director, said in a statement Friday.
“We know with this team, we have a winning combination that will keep Winnipeggers coming back every weekday morning to get their day started off right.”
Last week, Wheeler launched his suit for wrongful dismissal.
Wheeler was fired in July after likening transgender people to actors pretending to be “different things.”
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…