Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
September 30, 2018
Radio station 92.1 CITI-FM announced it has hired a replacement for morning show DJ Dave Wheeler, who filed a $1.4 million lawsuit against Rogers Media after he was fired.
TJ Connors, a native Winnipegger whose dad is former radio broadcaster Scruff Connors, will join the station on Dec. 3 as part of the new Rena, TJ and Turnbull show from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The station calls the show, which will feature personality Kelly Butler, “a dream team of diverse personalities and edgy humour.”
“Rena, TJ, Dave and Kelly each bring their own authentic personalities and humour to the table and that’s what makes great radio,” Kevin Britton, the station’s program director, said in a statement Friday.
“We know with this team, we have a winning combination that will keep Winnipeggers coming back every weekday morning to get their day started off right.”
Last week, Wheeler launched his suit for wrongful dismissal.
Wheeler was fired in July after likening transgender people to actors pretending to be “different things.”
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CTV News Cutting Jobs in Five Provinces, says union
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Longtime Canuck Beat Reporter Jason Botchford Dies…
- Shaw Sells Off its Stake in Corus for $548 Million
- Paul Larsen Exits Global Okanagan
- CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate…
- Gayle King Wins, Norah O’Donnell Loses at…