Mississauga News/Talk AM Radio Station About to Debut
Sauga 960 station aims to ‘build the Mississauga brand’
Sauga 960 is set to launch its slate of news talk programming on Tuesday, Sept. 4. – Sauga 960 photo
Mississauga’s news talk radio station is set to launch on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
Nearly seven years after getting approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to operate an English-language commercial AM radio station, Elliott Kerr says the station is ready to launch and deliver news that will be of interest to the local market.
“The genesis of wanting to do this came from the need for a voice,” said Kerr, also owner of the Ontario Hockey League’s Mississauga Steelheads and president of Landmark Sport Group, which stages the Mississauga Marathon among other endeavours. “We have Toronto radio stations in this market place, but they don’t care about the Mississauga message.”
The station, which will be known as Sauga 960 AM, has been on the airwaves over the last few months with filler music. Sauga 960 will operate on a news talk format and focus on Mississauga’s political, sports and arts scene, while also delivering updates on traffic, school closures and more.
READ MORE HERE AT THE Mississauga.com SITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- ‘CBS Evening News’ ratings plummet on Norah…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Longtime Breakfast Television host Riaz Meghji…
- Joe Perkins Makes his CHEK Debut; O’Hara-Byrne…