Calgary radio host says he was assaulted, believes attack was politically motivated
A Calgary radio host who says he was the victim of a swarming attack says he believes he was targeted because of an unfavourable post he shared on social media involving an aspiring UCP nomination candidate.
Kumar Sharma said he was attending an outdoor concert on Aug. 19 when he was confronted by two men who he says are supporters of Hardyal Singh Happy Mann, a United Conservative nomination candidate for Calgary-Falconridge.
“I was viciously attacked from behind from a group of men… There were at least seven men who attacked me all at once. I did not recognize any of these individuals,” Sharma said.
“This has had a very severe impact on my health, on my emotional well-being and on my family.”
Calgary police have confirmed with Global News that they are investigating the alleged assault.
At a news conference hosted by Calgary Forest Lawn MP Deepak Obhrai on Monday, Sharma and Obhrai produced a photo which they said had been taken by one of Sharma’s friends who witnessed the alleged attack. They also claimed one of the alleged assailants has been pictured in multiple campaign photographs with Mann.
READ MORE HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- KOMO-TV’s Morgan Chesky Hired Away by NBC News