Radio Futurologist James Cridland joins Matt on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
James Cridland is a radio futurologist. He will tell you he got that name because he printed it on his business cards, but he does possess a keen eye to where radio is headed. He is the man behind Podnews, a daily e-news letter and companion 2 minute podcast delivered daily. He also heads up the Next Radio Conference which will be taking place in London on September 17. In this episode, James and I talked about the accelerated pace the podcast industry is moving at, Google’s impact getting into the space, and how much is radio’s future is tied to podcast. We also did a little podcast marketing 101, discussing some best (current) practices and what’s it going to take for podcasting to be on level footing with radio.
You know – the kind of thing that you would expect to hear from a radio futurologist on a podcast like this.
Subscribe to Podnews Daily Newsletter https://podnews.net/
Podnews Daily Audio Delivery https://pod.link/1325018583
Next Radio Conference Information https://next.
And the recent article James penned about Understanding Podcast Ratings. https://podnews.net/article/
The show is powered by Promosuite Next. http://promosuite.com/soundoff
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- No Flip? New KiSS 103.1 Morning Show Announced