Radio Futurologist James Cridland joins Matt on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
James Cridland is a radio futurologist. He will tell you he got that name because he printed it on his business cards, but he does possess a keen eye to where radio is headed. He is the man behind Podnews, a daily e-news letter and companion 2 minute podcast delivered daily. He also heads up the Next Radio Conference which will be taking place in London on September 17. In this episode, James and I talked about the accelerated pace the podcast industry is moving at, Google’s impact getting into the space, and how much is radio’s future is tied to podcast. We also did a little podcast marketing 101, discussing some best (current) practices and what’s it going to take for podcasting to be on level footing with radio.
You know – the kind of thing that you would expect to hear from a radio futurologist on a podcast like this.
Subscribe to Podnews Daily Newsletter https://podnews.net/
Podnews Daily Audio Delivery https://pod.link/1325018583
Next Radio Conference Information https://next.
And the recent article James penned about Understanding Podcast Ratings. https://podnews.net/article/
The show is powered by Promosuite Next. http://promosuite.com/soundoff
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Edmonton at 96.3
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96
- So much for the dying days of Virgin Radio in Canada