Washington State Football Broadcasts to Feature New Color Commentator
PULLMAN – The Washington State IMG Sports Network is calling an audible in the radio booth this fall.
Former WSU quarterback Alex Brink will take over as the network’s radio analyst for home and away football broadcasts, The Spokesman-Review learned Thursday. Brink will replace fellow Cougar record-holder Jason Gesser, who’d held the position the last four years.
WSU spokesperson Bill Stevens confirmed the news Thursday evening.
The change allows Gesser to allocate more time to his primary role at the school, as an Assistant Athletic Director for the Cougar Athletic Fund. He was elevated to that position last August after serving three years as the CAF’s Director of Development/Major Gifts. New Athletic Director Pat Chun has cited Gesser as one of the critical figures to the department’s fundraising efforts, which have become more aggressive since Chun was hired in January.
Brink will join fourth-year play-by-play announcer Matt Chazanow in the booth on Sept. 1 when the Cougars open the 2018 football season at Wyoming. The only WSU QB with three Apple Cup wins, Brink has joined the WSU IMG Sports Network for annual signing day radio broadcasts over the years and occasionally on Cougar road show segments. The Oregon native has also appeared on TV and radio broadcasts in the Portland area and continues to mentor young quarterbacks as part of the Elite 11 quarterback competition.
READ MORE HERE AT THE SPOKESMAN-REVIEW SPORTS SITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- KOMO-TV’s Morgan Chesky Hired Away by NBC News