Nielsen Finds Radio Tops the Time Americans Spend with Media
courtesy AllAccess.com August 23, 2018
NIELSEN has released more data from its Q1 2018 Total Audience report, writing, “The amount of time Americans spend with media continues to increase, largely the result of the widespread connectivity and available content platforms. In just the few months since the end of the third quarter of last year, U.S. consumers 18 and older increased their time with media by more than a full half hour.
“Where are we finding the time, and which platforms are driving us to engage more? While everyone likely has their own formula for squeezing in more media each day, we’re seeing increased engagement across apps and web browsing on smartphones and tablets, along with growing use of internet-connected devices. It’s also worth noting that U.S. adults increased their time with live TV in first-quarter 2018 by 16 minutes when compared with third-quarter 2017.
“The proliferation of technology, devices and content over time has also allowed media to reach more of us each week than ever before. When comparing which platforms reach the most Americans today, legacy platforms lead the way, with radio and TV topping the list, followed by smartphones.”
- READ MORE & SEE AN EXPLANATORY CHART HERE AT THE ALL ACCESS MUSIC GROUP SITE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- Jim Acosta White House Press Pass Suspended