Jonathan West joins Matt Cundill on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
Jonathan West is a passionate about a few things, including two of our favourites, hockey and radio. We eliminated all the hockey talk from the podcast but I will bring him back at some point on “The Other” podcast to chat it up in February when the playoff races take hold. It was good to catch up with Jonathan at the Conclave, and he mentioned he was going to be at Morning Show Bootcamp, so he promised me an update on that and I would pass along my Podcast Movement notes to him.
Aside from being a talented radio personality, Jonathan is also a great hockey writer, which is where I first encountered his work. Californian born, southern raised and a hockey goalie. Quite the mixed bag. He’s covered a lot of hockey and pointed out that 13 of the 14 outdoor NHL Classics have ended in losses for the home side. Sorry gang – this podcast is all radio and music. And we had some “real talk” about our business which says that it believes in talent, yet 4 in every 10 on air personality goes without an air check.
We think that is unacceptable and if you don’t get regular air checks, you can come to Canada where the health care is free – and the air checks are free.
This episode is powered by nLogic.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Mike Killeen’s New Gig is with CBC Vancouver TV News
- What’s up at Victoria’s KiSS 103.1?
- Kudos to CTV Vancouver on Election Night
- Whither Seattle’s 106.1 KISS FM? 17 Year…
- Deep state rolls out staged “bomb” attack on CNN…
- Rebranded Crave streaming service combines HBO,…
- Jim Acosta White House Press Pass Suspended