Many BC & Alberta Radio Markets were Not Surveyed, says Numeris
Numeris added this explanatory info to its Spring 2018 radio diary results:
The markets of Saint John CTRL, Kingston CTRL, Windsor CTRL, Regina CTRL, Saskatoon CTRL, Lethbridge CTRL, Red Deer CTRL, Kelowna CTRL, Kamloops CTRL and Prince George CTRL were not measured during the Spring 2018 Radio Diary Survey.
The reasoning behind this decision is explained in the following memo from Numeris to its members earlier this year:
The Diary service is of significant importance to Members and a priority for Numeris. Similar to many research organizations, achieving targeted sample levels has become more of a challenge. It is becoming increasingly difficult to reach participants due to decreasing contact and cooperation. At the same time, populations are changing and shrinking, and household sizes are decreasing, further impacting sample usage and strain. These challenges can result in low sample returns in some markets, which can have an impact on the precision, or reliability, of audience estimates.
As an immediate response to reduce the strain on the available sample and preserve sample for the Fall 2018 Survey, Numeris will not be measuring the following Radio Central Markets (CTRL) during the Spring 2018 Radio Diary survey which runs from February 26th to April 22nd, 2018.
- Saint John CTRL (NB) 6. Kingston CTRL (ON)
- Windsor CTRL (ON) 7. Regina CTRL (SK)
- Saskatoon CTRL (SK) 8. Lethbridge CTRL (AB)
- Red Deer CTRL (AB) 9. Kelowna CTRL (BC)
- Kamloops CTRL (BC) 10. Prince George CTRL (BC).
This immediate solution will reduce pressure on the available market sample and help ensure a strong, business as usual, enumeration process for the Fall 2018 Radio Diary survey.
Numeris is taking an aggressive and proactive approach to not only address the issue in these ten spring markets but to also provide the industry with a viable long term solution that will produce on-going sustainable sample representation in all our diary markets.
Numeris is both confident and encouraged about the opportunity to develop new and innovative solutions for the industry in order to maintain the accuracy, precision and integrity of Canada’s broadcast measurement system.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- What The CHUCK? Corus Radio Introduces…
- UPDATED: Winnipeg Broadcaster FIRED Over his…
- Owner of company (Jimmy Pattison) involved in fatal…
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- Will Sportsnet 650 Corner Any More Local Team Broadcasts?
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- News 1130 Moves John Ackerman to Morning Drive
- JUDGE JEANINE: Whoopi Goldberg Started Cursing at…
- Former CTV Vancouver Anchor Mike Killeen to Sub on…