Light-Fingered Sports Reporter Gone from KGO7 After 24 Years
San Francisco sports reporter Mike Shumann announced he is leaving the ABC station after 24 years.
Shumann has been radio silent since video of him stealing a Golden State Warriors staffer’s jacket surfaced. TVSpy reported when Shumann was covering the NBA team’s run in the playoff’s for the station.
In the wake of his resignation, he released this statement:
It is with sadness that I announce that ABC7 news and I have decided to amicably part ways after 24 years together.
I regret any embarrassment I have caused the station. My recent actions do not reflect the high standard of conduct expected at KGO. Nor do they represent the integrity with which I have conducted my professional sports and broadcast careers.
I have nothing but great memories working here and covering four World Series, three Super Bowls, three NBA championship runs, a Stanley Cup and two U.S. Opens.
I want to wish the station and all my fantastic colleagues at ABC 7 the best as they move forward. It has been my pleasure to work with you.
I also want to thank all the great viewers that have supported me over the years through thick and thin. It has been a great run from a Super Bowl Champion with the 49ers to riding in parades with other World champs here in the City by the Bay. As a 40 year resident I am humbled by the support and will never forget how fortunate I have been to ride the wave of Bay Area greatness.
Hope to see you down the road.
Very truly yours,
Shumann admitted to taking the head of security’s jacket while in San Antonio.
“We thank Mike for his 24 years with the KGO team and wish him all the best,” said general manager Tom Cibrowski.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- Updates on Stingray changes
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Edmonton at 96.3
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019