Z-95’s Ruby Carr Named Young Broadcaster of the Year
As reported today by Broadcast Dialogue, Ruby Carr of Newcap’s Z-95 Vancouver is this year’s Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year, in memory of radio programmer Steve Young.
A prominent member of the Ruby, Leslie and Scooter morning show on Z-95 (CKZZ-FM), Carr moved to Vancouver from Halifax in 2014, and quickly established herself, devoting personal time to charitable endeavours in support of mental health initiatives at BC Women’s Hospital, the Starlight Children’s Foundation, and the BCSPCA.
Ruby will be recognised during the Industry Award dinner on May 10 and presented with her award at the Radio Talent session. Lauren Hunter of SONiC 102.9 (CHDI-FM) Edmonton and Jax Irwin of KiSS 92.5 (CKIS-FM) Toronto were runner ups this year.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…