Z-95’s Ruby Carr Named Young Broadcaster of the Year
As reported today by Broadcast Dialogue, Ruby Carr of Newcap’s Z-95 Vancouver is this year’s Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year, in memory of radio programmer Steve Young.
A prominent member of the Ruby, Leslie and Scooter morning show on Z-95 (CKZZ-FM), Carr moved to Vancouver from Halifax in 2014, and quickly established herself, devoting personal time to charitable endeavours in support of mental health initiatives at BC Women’s Hospital, the Starlight Children’s Foundation, and the BCSPCA.
Ruby will be recognised during the Industry Award dinner on May 10 and presented with her award at the Radio Talent session. Lauren Hunter of SONiC 102.9 (CHDI-FM) Edmonton and Jax Irwin of KiSS 92.5 (CKIS-FM) Toronto were runner ups this year.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM