Corus Radio hires first ever head of podcasting, Chris “Dunner” Duncombe
Corus Radio has hired its first ever head of podcasting. Chris “Dunner” Duncombe has been appointed to the newly-created role of Director, Streaming and Podcasting.
“Dunner” is the former Director of Digital for Corus Radio, and a former senior Program Director; signalling Corus’ commitment to investment in the growing space, “Dunner” will head a new team focussed on harvesting existing radio and news content; creating new, original podcasts; and monetizing products through digital ad insertion.
A quote attributable to Troy Reeb, Senior Vice President, News, Radio and Station Operations for Corus Entertainment:
“We couldn’t be more excited to signal our commitment to what is a rapidly growing area for both audience and advertisers. As the former Director of Digital for Corus Radio, and a former senior Program Director, Dunner brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the role. He will be assembling a team to leverage both Corus’ own brands and talent, as well as external providers, to build Corus into Canada’s source for high-quality, on-demand audio.”
The appointment is effective as of March 27.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…