Corus Radio hires first ever head of podcasting, Chris “Dunner” Duncombe
Corus Radio has hired its first ever head of podcasting. Chris “Dunner” Duncombe has been appointed to the newly-created role of Director, Streaming and Podcasting.
“Dunner” is the former Director of Digital for Corus Radio, and a former senior Program Director; signalling Corus’ commitment to investment in the growing space, “Dunner” will head a new team focussed on harvesting existing radio and news content; creating new, original podcasts; and monetizing products through digital ad insertion.
A quote attributable to Troy Reeb, Senior Vice President, News, Radio and Station Operations for Corus Entertainment:
“We couldn’t be more excited to signal our commitment to what is a rapidly growing area for both audience and advertisers. As the former Director of Digital for Corus Radio, and a former senior Program Director, Dunner brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the role. He will be assembling a team to leverage both Corus’ own brands and talent, as well as external providers, to build Corus into Canada’s source for high-quality, on-demand audio.”
The appointment is effective as of March 27.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- Updates on Stingray changes
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Edmonton at 96.3
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019