Corus Radio hires first ever head of podcasting, Chris “Dunner” Duncombe
Corus Radio has hired its first ever head of podcasting. Chris “Dunner” Duncombe has been appointed to the newly-created role of Director, Streaming and Podcasting.
“Dunner” is the former Director of Digital for Corus Radio, and a former senior Program Director; signalling Corus’ commitment to investment in the growing space, “Dunner” will head a new team focussed on harvesting existing radio and news content; creating new, original podcasts; and monetizing products through digital ad insertion.
A quote attributable to Troy Reeb, Senior Vice President, News, Radio and Station Operations for Corus Entertainment:
“We couldn’t be more excited to signal our commitment to what is a rapidly growing area for both audience and advertisers. As the former Director of Digital for Corus Radio, and a former senior Program Director, Dunner brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the role. He will be assembling a team to leverage both Corus’ own brands and talent, as well as external providers, to build Corus into Canada’s source for high-quality, on-demand audio.”
The appointment is effective as of March 27.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…