Rent Not Paid for 8 Years, McBride’s Tofino Radio is Silent
It appears Matthew McBride’s failure to pay rent to the transmission tower landlord for as much as 8 years has resulted in his “Tuff City Radio” station at 90.1 KHz in Tofino being silenced .. as of Feb. 15 2018.
A sister station in Ucluelet at 99.5 KHz, also licensed to McBride Communications, is unaffected, since it operates independently. The details are laid out in a story posted at the Tofino-Ucluelet Westerly News website HERE.
We’re told efforts are underway to buy both stations from McBride and hopefully operate them on a sound financial basis. That information is also contained in the above story by reporter Nora O’Malley.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- Layoffs at Corus
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- CKNW Absorption by Global Results in Ever-Shrinking Newsroom
- Possibility of a change at City TV
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios…
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3FM will be going off the air as…
- Tamara Taggart, Mike Killeen Thank Supporters
- Vancouver’s AM 1410 Drops Sports, Goes All BNN…