Rent Not Paid for 8 Years, McBride’s Tofino Radio is Silent
It appears Matthew McBride’s failure to pay rent to the transmission tower landlord for as much as 8 years has resulted in his “Tuff City Radio” station at 90.1 KHz in Tofino being silenced .. as of Feb. 15 2018.
A sister station in Ucluelet at 99.5 KHz, also licensed to McBride Communications, is unaffected, since it operates independently. The details are laid out in a story posted at the Tofino-Ucluelet Westerly News website HERE.
We’re told efforts are underway to buy both stations from McBride and hopefully operate them on a sound financial basis. That information is also contained in the above story by reporter Nora O’Malley.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM