Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle Unveils New Lineup
courtesy AllAccess.com March 20 2018
iHEARTMEDIA Sports KJR-A/SEATTLE is shuffling its lineup, with the musical chairs sending midday “CHUCK & PUCK” co-host CHUCK POWELL to mornings with former SEATTLE MARINERS first baseman/DH BUCKY JACOBSEN as “CHUCK AND BUCK IN THE MORNING.” While JASON PUCKETT will continue the midday show (1 – 3 pm) as “THE JASON PUCKETT SHOW,” current morning host DICK FAIN will move to afternoons as co-host with incumbent DAVE “SOFTY” MAHLER. The changes take place MONDAY (3/26).
“I couldn’t be more excited for this new era at SPORTS RADIO 950 KJR,” said iHEARTMEDIA SEATTLE SVP/Programming RICH MOORE. “We just got bigger and stronger today. We added depth for compelling sports talk, knowledge, and aligned our strong personalities to be SEATTLE’s strongest local Sports Talk station.”
6am-10am Chuck Powell & Bucky Jacobsen
10am-1pm Jason Puckett & Mike Gastineau (The Gasman is here for three months only)
1pm-3pm Ian Furness
3pm-630pm Dave Mahler & Dick Fain
Mike Gastineau returns temporarily to the site of past glories, where he dominated afternoon sports radio for several decades until his “retirement” in 2012.
Dick Fain was plugged into the KJR morning show after the very talented Mitch Levy was turfed from his longtime home (23 years) on the morning show after he was caught in a prostitution sting last September. Many KJR faithful had been hoping today’s shakeup would see Mitch brought back.
Read columnist Art Thiel’s take on Gastineau’s return to KJR HERE.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM