Study: Every $1 Spent on Radio Ads Returns $12 in Purchase Activity
by Chris Ahrens, AdWeek.com March 6 2018
Westwood One commissioned a study on the effectiveness of its radio ads.
Radio network Westwood One wanted to get a sense of the return its advertisers were getting on their investments—it promised as much last fall, when it established ROI guarantees—so it partnered with Nielsen Catalina Solutions to determine how a product in the consumer-packaged-goods realm performed and found that radio delivered $12 in sales for every $1 spent on advertising.
“Westwood One has been very vocal that AM/FM radio delivers an impressive return on investment for brand marketers,” said Suzanne Grimes, evp of marketing at Cumulus Media and president at Westwood One. “Today, we back that statement. These findings show that a personal-care brand can use radio to realize impressive sales lift and a powerful return on ad spend.”
The study found “heavy category buyers” were most responsive to the radio ads and that there was an 8 percent sales lift for the product. The research, which included people 18 and over, examined purchase habits after being exposed to radio versus no exposure.
“The most effective way to measure the sales driven by advertising is by connecting purchase data with media exposures to understand how advertising impacts sales at the register,” said Nielsen Catalina Solutions CEO Matt O’Grady.
READ MUCH MORE ADVERTISING NEWS HERE AT AdWeek.com
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Kelowna’s NEW Beach Radio, has a morning show!