Correction re CHEK Ownership: Employees Maintain Majority Ownership
Earlier today PSR published a story about ownership of CHEK which we’re told was inaccurate.
News Director Rob Germain sent an e-mail detailing the corrected picture, which is reproduced below. We regret any misinformation that may have been disseminated.
Your report is inaccurate. The Sampson family continues to hold less than a majority of shares in CHEK.
CHEK is seeking approval from the CRTC to buy-back some shares. An application to the regulator was first made last spring.
The CRTC ruled the initial buy-back proposal would result in a change of control.
So CHEK has since revised its application. Our aim is to preserve and strengthen the employee-owned nature of the company and ensure there is no change of control.
The Sampson family has shown great support of the employee-ownership model at CHEK (and at Nanaimo’s Harmac pulp mill) and they continue to do so.
Published on February 8, 2018 at 6:27 pm by clockwatcher
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Don Shafer Leaves Roundhouse Radio …
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- BREAKING: Roundhouse Radio 98.3 has a New Owner
- Nobody Was Listening, Now everyone’s talking…
- Corus Radio Turfs Ottawa Music Host on Eve of 30…
- CTV Vancouver Turfs Anchors Mike Killeen, Tamara Taggart
- How would you like to live in Victoria and Manage a…
- Randene Neill Leaving Global News
- Coast-to-Coast AM Moves to Vancouver’s AM 1410
- Ratings Crisis: CNN Suffers Viewership Collapse of…