Saskatchewan Broadcaster Manfred Joehnick Dies at 64
February 6, 2018
It is a sad day for Missinipi Broadcasting Corporation.
Long-time Saskatchewan journalist and MBC legislative correspondent Manfred Joehnck has passed away suddenly in the Battlefords.
He was in the community for coverage of the ongoing Gerald Stanley murder trial.
Joehnck was a familiar name and face for television viewers across the province as the main news anchor for CTV Regina from 2001 to 2011.
Prior to that, he was the news director at CKRM Radio in Regina for 14 years.
Joehnck also did some work with MBC in the 1980’s, training young journalists on how to use equipment, resources and interviews and how to tell a story.
Since 2012, MBC listeners have been treated to hundreds of Indigenous news stories told in Joehnck’s trademark style.
Joehnck was 64.
(PHOTO: Manfred Joehnck outside the Saskatchewan Legislature in 2012. Photo by Dallas Hicks.)
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- What The CHUCK? Corus Radio Introduces…
- UPDATED: Winnipeg Broadcaster FIRED Over his…
- Owner of company (Jimmy Pattison) involved in fatal…
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- Former CTV Vancouver Anchor Mike Killeen to Sub on…
- Will Sportsnet 650 Corner Any More Local Team Broadcasts?
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- News 1130 Moves John Ackerman to Morning Drive
- JUDGE JEANINE: Whoopi Goldberg Started Cursing at…