Saskatchewan Broadcaster Manfred Joehnick Dies at 64
February 6, 2018
It is a sad day for Missinipi Broadcasting Corporation.
Long-time Saskatchewan journalist and MBC legislative correspondent Manfred Joehnck has passed away suddenly in the Battlefords.
He was in the community for coverage of the ongoing Gerald Stanley murder trial.
Joehnck was a familiar name and face for television viewers across the province as the main news anchor for CTV Regina from 2001 to 2011.
Prior to that, he was the news director at CKRM Radio in Regina for 14 years.
Joehnck also did some work with MBC in the 1980’s, training young journalists on how to use equipment, resources and interviews and how to tell a story.
Since 2012, MBC listeners have been treated to hundreds of Indigenous news stories told in Joehnck’s trademark style.
Joehnck was 64.
(PHOTO: Manfred Joehnck outside the Saskatchewan Legislature in 2012. Photo by Dallas Hicks.)
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- My take on the changes at Corus
- Joe Rainey of Capitol Records Has Passed Away at 43
- Astrid Braunschmidt of CTV Vancouver Island Has…
- Longtime Broadcaster Terry Moore Dead at 82 … Cancer
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CKNW Loses Bailey Nicholson to News 1130
- Radio station hires replacement for fired DJ Dave Wheeler
- Firings at Edmonton’s Newcap cluster, Capital…
- After 30 years of Rockin’ Edmonton, Rob Berg…