C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
A veteran and experienced radio talk show host, Pamela McCall and her 1-3 pm show which was previously simulcast on AM1150 Kelowna, has been replaced with Bell Media’s national radio talk show hosted by Evan Solomon.
Ms. McCall, previously handling news assignments for the CBC, the BBC, Rogers and CBS, had been a part of the C-FAX 1070 talk show lineup since January 2013. As I recall she identified herself as a Victoria native. No doubt her experience attracted a heftier salary than the station had to pay its younger talent, and that might make her a target when budget cutting loomed, as it did this week.
Reports say a total of five Broad Street broadcasters (radio & TV) got their walking papers in Victoria, and 10 were laid off by Bell in Vancouver.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- ‘The Breeze’ Arrives in Vancouver at 104.3
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Viewers Ask Where KCPQ Morning Meteorologist Is After Arrest
- Updates on Stingray changes
- Beloved KTLA Morning Anchor Chris Burrous Dead After…
- They Didn’t Get to Say Goodbye: the Abrupt End…
- My observations for radio so far in 2019
- Fox Seattle Aired Doctored Video of Trump Border…
- This is Where Global’s Lynn Colliar Has Gone
- RIP OTR writer/actor/director Herb Ellis, aged 96