The World’s Highest-Paid Radio Hosts 2017
Talk isn’t cheap. Just ask the world’s highest-paid radio stars.
The controversial Howard Stern leads the pack once again with a $90 million haul, earned between June 1, 2016, and June 1, 2017, before taxes and management fees. Stern, who is one of America’s wealthiest celebrities with a net worth of $450 million, renegotiated his eight-figure contract with SiriusXM in December 2015. The deal includes digital distribution channels like apps and video streaming, which could pad Stern’s paycheck in the future.
Runner-up Rush Limbaugh, who pocketed $84 million, enjoyed a 21% increase in listeners to his eponymous show thanks to a “Trump bump.” The most-listened-to talk show host in America, with 14 million listeners by Talkers Magazine’s estimate, he was far from the only one to get this ratings boost. Overall industry over-the-air advertising revenue did not improve last year, hovering at $14.1 billion, according to BIA Kelsey, but the news-talk category saw an uptick, which the advisory firm attributed to the presidential election.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Four more today! So far, 12 this week have been let go by JP
- Kasia Bodurka joins Global BC As New Weekend Weather…
- Vancouver Talk Show Giant Rafe Mair Dead at 85
- George Clooney Accused of Helping Blacklist Actress Who…
- Vancouver Canucks Radio Network Expands to 24 Stations
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- Larry’s baaaaaaaack! Joining Jack Again, next Tuesday
- Robin Farrell Returning to Victoria with Ocean 98.5
- Okanagan Oldies 103.9 FM is launching this fall
- Vancouver’s KiSS RADiO Becomes First Ever Fully…