Okanagan Oldies 103.9 FM is launching this fall
Okanagan Oldies 103.9 FM is launching this fall in Kelowna, BC. They’re currently seeking a Radio Sales Representative to join the team that will bring a fresh new sound to the city’s airwaves.
Looking for Sales Rep Click HERE
Moving day approaches
by Jon Manchester
Sep 27, 2017
Moving day is fast approaching for staff at Castanet as crews feverishly work to complete construction and install equipment at our new downtown Kelowna studio.
Ground was broken last September on the 400 block of Lawrence Avenue, and a state-of-the-art, three-storey media centre is in the final finishing stages, built by Kelowna’s Worman Homes.
Staff are packing boxes in anticipation of the move, which should be about a week away.
The new facility will provide expanded studio space for news video production and will also bring radio into Castanet’s fold.
This fall, we will go on the air out of the same newsroom with Okanagan Oldies 103.9 FM, after the acquisition of Kelowna radio station The Juice FM.
It will be rebranded with news and a classic music format tailored to the Okanagan’s audience. The radio station will go on air later this fall.
There will also be expanded meeting space, the latest in video and radio technology, and a rooftop patio that will host news as well as client and business events.
“We … often hear that people feel that Castanet is their website, that they take ownership and pride in it – and we feel terrific about that,” Castanet founder Nick Frost said earlier during the construction. “It’s about the community – that’s the biggest reason we’re building new facilities, so we are even more accessible.”
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Bro Jake Announces His Sign-Off
- Jeff Brown of Q 107 Calgary heading to west coast…
- City TV Vancouver Announces Anchor Team for Return…
- News 1130 Weather: Russ in the AM, Soon Kuss in the PM
- Wesla Wong moves from Global Kelowna to the Star
- JJ Richards, Former C-FUN, CKDA News Director, Dead at 88
- UPDATED: Winnipeg Broadcaster FIRED Over his…
- Victoria Times Colonist to Abandon its own Printing…
- Bill Good Sparks Questions as Voice of New…
- Canadian Actor in ‘Dallas’ &…