Son of former CTV anchor Hudson Mack wounded in Las Vegas attack
Published Monday, October 2, 2017
A 21-year-old Victoria man celebrating his birthday was among the hundreds injured in what’s been called the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
Sheldon Mack, son of former CTV Vancouver Island anchor and news director Hudson Mack, was wounded when a gunman unleashed a hail of bullets at the Route 91 Harvest Festival Sunday night.
At least 58 people including two Canadians were killed in the attack and at least 515 others were injured.
Hudson, who was en route to Las Vegas, told CTV News his son underwent surgery overnight for an abdominal wound and is now recovering in an intensive care unit.
He was at the festival celebrating his 21st birthday.
Sheldon later tweeted from his hospital bed saying he suffered two gunshot wounds, a ruptured colon and a broken forearm. He said he was “thankful for those who helped me” and wishing prayers to others caught in the attack
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- C-FAX Loses Pamela McCall in Bell Belt Tightening
- Bell/CTV Initiates Another Round of Layoffs
- Vancouver’s Radio Traffic Man Neil O’Brien dies
- Chuck Chandler dies in Victoria
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Vancouver PPM Radio Ratings .. Aug. 28 – Nov. 26 2017
- Bell Media Confirms Local Radio & TV Layoffs
- David Bray’s PPM Demo Breakouts .. VANCOUVER Nov. 2017
- Peter Weissbach, Edmonton/Vancouver/Seattle/Portland Talk…
- Dave Sheldon Leaves Pulse 107.7 for Evenings on Sportsnet…