RIP Andy Michaelson, ex-C-ISL, CKNW, CJOR
According to Gord Lansdell at Northwest Broadcasters, former Vancouver broadcaster Andy Michaelson died May 10th in the Edmonton suburb of St. Albert. He began a career as a radio announcer and reporter at CHED Edmonton, followed by CKYL Peace River, CJCA Edmonton, and CISL, CKNW and CJOR in Vancouver, where he was on-air as Andy Michaels during the 1970s, then was a communications professional and consultant in Vancouver and Edmonton. Finally he found his calling as a writer and poet in St. Albert. A Celebration of Life will be held from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 20 at The John Beedle Centre – St. Albert Botanic Park, 265 Sturgeon Road, St. Albert, AB.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Global News lays off 70 staff across country, 21 in…
- Update: Where is Steve Darling going?
- Edmonton Radio PPMs Nov. 27th – Feb. 25th
- Calgary Radio Host Accuses Hedley’s Hoggard of Sexual…
- CKNW Adds Global News Morning Simulcast at 5 am
- CKNW News Department Moving to the Global TV Studios in…
- iHeartMedia Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgary Radio PPM’s .. Nov. 27- Feb. 25th
- David Bray’s PPM Analysis for VANCOUVER .. March 2018