RIP Andy Michaelson, ex-C-ISL, CKNW, CJOR
According to Gord Lansdell at Northwest Broadcasters, former Vancouver broadcaster Andy Michaelson died May 10th in the Edmonton suburb of St. Albert. He began a career as a radio announcer and reporter at CHED Edmonton, followed by CKYL Peace River, CJCA Edmonton, and CISL, CKNW and CJOR in Vancouver, where he was on-air as Andy Michaels during the 1970s, then was a communications professional and consultant in Vancouver and Edmonton. Finally he found his calling as a writer and poet in St. Albert. A Celebration of Life will be held from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 20 at The John Beedle Centre – St. Albert Botanic Park, 265 Sturgeon Road, St. Albert, AB.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver