Kamloops NL Radio Stations sold to Newcap
from the NL Facebook page
It’s a historic day in B.C. Broadcasting.
Newfoundland Capital Corporation, also known as Newcap Radio has announced it’s purchase of NL Broadcasting and it’s three stations: CHNL-AM, CJKC-FM, and CKRV-FM.
NL Broadcasting General Manager Garth Buchko says Newcap’s culture stood out.
“We were going through the bid process with the number of offers we had, Newcap Radio aligned so perfectly well with our culture that it was a no brainer to sell to them.”
NL Broadcasting first went on the air in Kamloops in 1970.
The sale still requires approval from the CRTC. New Cap currently operates 95 radio stations across the country.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7