Kamloops NL Radio Stations sold to Newcap
from the NL Facebook page
It’s a historic day in B.C. Broadcasting.
Newfoundland Capital Corporation, also known as Newcap Radio has announced it’s purchase of NL Broadcasting and it’s three stations: CHNL-AM, CJKC-FM, and CKRV-FM.
NL Broadcasting General Manager Garth Buchko says Newcap’s culture stood out.
“We were going through the bid process with the number of offers we had, Newcap Radio aligned so perfectly well with our culture that it was a no brainer to sell to them.”
NL Broadcasting first went on the air in Kamloops in 1970.
The sale still requires approval from the CRTC. New Cap currently operates 95 radio stations across the country.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver