Apr. 3, 2017
Mercedes-Benz said Monday that it has “reassigned” its advertisements on “The O’Reilly Factor” following a report about five settlements with women who alleged sexual harassment or verbal abuse by the show’s host, Bill O’Reilly.
In a statement provided to CNNMoney, a spokesperson for the car company called the allegations against O’Reilly “disturbing.”
It’s not clear yet whether other companies will follow Mercedes-Benz’s lead. CNNMoney reached out to more than 20 companies and brands that have advertised on the “O’Reilly Factor” to ask for a response to a report published by the New York Times over the weekend. The Times reported that settlements totaling $13 million had been reached with five women who accused O’Reilly of inappropriate behavior.
One of them, Lexus, provided a statement to CNNMoney in which it said, “The Lexus ads appearing on the O’Reilly Factor are part of a wide ranging media package, with ads appearing on a variety of cable television programs. We take our duties as a responsible advertiser seriously, and seek to partner with organizations who share our company culture and philosophy of respect for all people. We will continue to monitor the situation and will take any appropriate action through our media buying partners.”
READ MORE HERE AT THE CNN Money WEBSITE