CHEK-TV Restores Full Weekend News Hour
Saturday CHEK returned to a full hour of news at 5 pm, anchored by new hire Calvin To (pictured above), with fellow new hire Ceilidh Millar (below) handling weather, and recently hired Kevin Charach on sports.
In recent months CHEK had cut back on weekends to a half-hour news package, with 7 or 8 minutes devoted to sports. They are now boasting, as part of their 60th Anniversary celebrations, that as the only employee-owned station in North America they are one of the few broadcast outlets to be expanding at this time.
Anchor/reporter Calvin To came to CHEK earlier this month after graduating from the broadcast program at Ryerson University in 2012, and gaining experience at Global Saskatoon and at CTV Toronto & Saskatoon.
Kevin Charach, pictured below, had joined the CHEK sports department in late September.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men