CHEK-TV Restores Full Weekend News Hour
Saturday CHEK returned to a full hour of news at 5 pm, anchored by new hire Calvin To (pictured above), with fellow new hire Ceilidh Millar (below) handling weather, and recently hired Kevin Charach on sports.
In recent months CHEK had cut back on weekends to a half-hour news package, with 7 or 8 minutes devoted to sports. They are now boasting, as part of their 60th Anniversary celebrations, that as the only employee-owned station in North America they are one of the few broadcast outlets to be expanding at this time.
Anchor/reporter Calvin To came to CHEK earlier this month after graduating from the broadcast program at Ryerson University in 2012, and gaining experience at Global Saskatoon and at CTV Toronto & Saskatoon.
Kevin Charach, pictured below, had joined the CHEK sports department in late September.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations