CHEK-TV Restores Full Weekend News Hour
Saturday CHEK returned to a full hour of news at 5 pm, anchored by new hire Calvin To (pictured above), with fellow new hire Ceilidh Millar (below) handling weather, and recently hired Kevin Charach on sports.
In recent months CHEK had cut back on weekends to a half-hour news package, with 7 or 8 minutes devoted to sports. They are now boasting, as part of their 60th Anniversary celebrations, that as the only employee-owned station in North America they are one of the few broadcast outlets to be expanding at this time.
Anchor/reporter Calvin To came to CHEK earlier this month after graduating from the broadcast program at Ryerson University in 2012, and gaining experience at Global Saskatoon and at CTV Toronto & Saskatoon.
Kevin Charach, pictured below, had joined the CHEK sports department in late September.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Brent Shearer Out at CTV Vancouver
- Former NW Sportcaster Neil Macrae dies at 65 (Update:…
- Cancer claims life of CTV Vancouver Island reporter Jett…
- Coleen Christie Out at CTV Vancouver
- From Global Calgary, Paul Haysom returns to Global BC
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- More CTV Layoffs, Union Calls for Government Help for Local…
- Dawn Chubai Leaving City-TV’s ‘Breakfast…
- Inside the Ugly Unravelling at the Vancouver Sun &…
- RIP ‘Big Daddy’ Dave McCormick