Prince Died of Opioid (Fentanyl) Overdose, Tests Show

0
119

9:04 AM PDT 6/2/2016 by Ryan Parker, The Hollywood Reporter

The iconic musician was found dead in his Minnesota home on the morning of April 21.

.

Prince died of an opioid overdose, tests results seen by law enforcement officials show, according to The Associated Press.

The iconic musician was found dead in his Minnesota home on the morning of April 21.

A staff member with the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office told The Hollywood Reporter they had no new information to release on the case. Calls by THR for additional information into authorities were not immediately returned.

In the the weeks following his death, it was widely reported the 57-year-old has been abusing painkillers. It was also reported that Prince was scheduled to meet with an addiction specialist doctor on April 22.

That doctor could not make it out to Prince fast enough, so the doctor sent his son to check on the musician. His son is the person who called 911 when Prince was found lifeless. The son had a controlled substance on his person that the doctor gave him for Prince.

A lawyer for the family said he fears the son will be charged, but has confidence the son will not be prosecuted since he was the person who called authorities.

READ MORE  HERE  AT THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER WEBSITE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.