Jim Beatty Resigns as Anchor at CHEK News
Very few details known, just that CHEK’s lead anchor Jim Beatty returned today from a week’s vacation, performed his usual solid job on the 5 and 6:30 newscasts, and then resigned, giving two weeks notice.
Jim is the veteran Vancouver Sun legislative reporter (1995-2004) who turned CTV reporter in 2004, and switched to CHEK anchorman in January 2012. He has been the main face of CHEK News since then.
I would think there would be plenty of government jobs for a guy as well versed in the ways of the provincial government as is Jim after his years of covering the Legislature. And then he may have landed one of those plush PR positions that so many of us broadcasters seem to land after we’re done with radio .. or vice versa.
As usual, we welcome any informed comments, especially those with additional details.
****On Friday March 19, the Times Colonist published a few more details:
CHEK News anchor Jim Beatty is leaving journalism for a job in the corporate sector. Beatty has anchored the television station’s news for more than three years, moving there after seven years as CTV bureau chief in Victoria. Prior to television, Beatty spent a decade working for the Vancouver Sun, covering B.C. politics at the legislature. He is not revealing the name of his new employer yet, but said he will remain in Victoria. A “fantastic” job opportunity came up and Beatty decided to accept it, giving his notice on Monday after returning from holidays. Although he still loves journalism, he said “it’s time for a change.”
– See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/business/chek-news-anchor-jim-beatty-moving-to-another-job-1.1797338#sthash.er4982CJ.dpuf
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo