by Natalie Alcoba, National Post
| February 4, 2015
More than 1,000 pages of information regarding sex assault charges against disgraced former radio star Jian Ghomeshi are in the hands of his lawyers, a court heard on Wednesday.
In a brief appearance at College Park courthouse, the case was put over until February 26.
No trial date has been set.
Mr. Ghomeshi, who is out on bail living with his mother, was not in court personally, instead sending his lawyer Danielle Robitaille to speak on his behalf.
Crown attorney Jennifer Armstrong told the court “the case is progressing”, as is disclosure that is being provided to the defense.
Ms. Robitaille said they have received more than 1,000 pages of disclosure so far.
“There are remaining items yet to be disclosed,” she said in court.
Mr. Ghomeshi stands accused by six women of seven sexual assaults dating back to 2002. He also faces a separate charge of trying to overcome resistance by choking a woman. Actress Lucy DeCoutere is the only complainant who has consented to being identified publicly.
None of the allegations have been proven in court. His lawyers say Mr. Ghomeshi intends to plead not guilty to all charges. Ms. Robitaille declined to make any additional comments as she left the courthouse, trailed by a crowd of reporters.