Vista Finally Flips 99.7 The River

2daygm

Vista today has re-branded & re-formatted Campbell River’s 99.7 The River (Adult Hits) to 99.7 2Day FM (Hot AC) This is part of vista’s effort to consolidate their branding across the board. This is the 3rd 2Day FM, with the other 2 located in Niagara, ON & Grande Prairie, AB.

HEAR THE LAUNCH AUDIO

10352943_766460726749668_3442330013462813495_n

10342904_766460750082999_478158771883569666_n

Published on July 25, 2014 at 5:03 pm by Dead Air Dave

Comments

July 25, 2014 - 6:34 pm

Ash

Great logo, but there’s no need for WWW’s in branding anymore. it’s sloppy, and takes up valuable real estate.

July 25, 2014 - 9:51 pm

anonymous

I disagree with your comment that the url should not be promoted. The url location IS valuable real estate. In business, LOCATION is everything !

July 25, 2014 - 11:00 pm

Ash

The URL I totally agree, I am talking about the www. Part. It’s not really needed anymore.

July 26, 2014 - 10:04 am

Steve Huber

It’s always fun to see and hear a flip happen in any size market. One of my favorite radio stations in the word is 102.7 KIIS FM – Los Angeles. They have pictures showing station promo tents still using “www” before the KIIS FM URL.

Ash -maybe you can pop an email to the crew at KIIS and get ’em up to speed…

Keep up the good work in Campbell River – looks good.

Cheers,

Steve Huber

July 26, 2014 - 11:20 am

Anonymous

It’s a cookie cutter format. Brought to you by SparkNet. (http://sparknet.co) The same SparkNet team that goes around the world saying they “developed” the first JACK FM format. In reality, a good chunk of that radio format (attitude/programming) was developed by Rogers programming and creative teams in Canada. It’s also the same SparkNet who distributes left over syndication that Orbyt Media deems not worth having. http://www.orbytmedia.com. Am I the largest fan of SparkNet? Probably not. However, they do have some neat ideas.

July 26, 2014 - 5:28 pm

ash

Hi steve, I wasn’t having a go at 2Day. I was merely making an observation. I think the brand and format are great.

July 28, 2014 - 8:09 am

Anonymous

Sparknet’s 2Day seems to actually be the NOW! format that’s in use in Edmonton…based on the video located here:

Wait…so did Rawlco sell the brand to Sparknet? Or did Rawlco take the brand from Sparknet and take credit for it?

July 29, 2014 - 7:45 am

Anonymous

Double-you double-you double-you? Are these pictures from the late 90’s?

August 6, 2014 - 6:31 am

Fill In Guy

U believed… until well… today.. there was a future for radio, and it lay with small market stations. This proves I’m wrong How many “2day. Peak, Goat, Juice, Jack, and Hamster FM’s are there now?

What a waste of potential.

August 6, 2014 - 6:33 am

Fill In Guy

oops… I believed… sorry. hunt and peck typer here.