CHEK Gets Another New General Manager
Thanks to Broadcast Dialogue for the news that Roy McKenzie has resigned after about 2 years as Retail Sales Manager for C-FAX and KOOL-FM Victoria (also CTV Vancouver Island). He will assume his new responsibilities as VP and General Manager of the employee-owned CHEK-TV Victoria on August 1st.
Prior to his move to Victoria and his position with its Bell Media outlets McKenzie had some 20 years in radio sales with CILK and Astral Media in Kelowna.
McKenzie becomes CHEK’s fourth GM in about 17 months. John Pollard was replaced by Roy Gardner in March 2013; within three months he in turn had been replaced by Bill Pollock.
The Broadcast Dialogue item was posted under the very appropriate heading “Revolving Door.”
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Brent Shearer Out at CTV Vancouver
- Former NW Sportcaster Neil Macrae dies at 65 (Update:…
- Cancer claims life of CTV Vancouver Island reporter Jett…
- Coleen Christie Out at CTV Vancouver
- From Global Calgary, Paul Haysom returns to Global BC
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- More CTV Layoffs, Union Calls for Government Help for Local…
- Dawn Chubai Leaving City-TV’s ‘Breakfast…
- Inside the Ugly Unravelling at the Vancouver Sun &…
- RIP ‘Big Daddy’ Dave McCormick