CHEK Gets Another New General Manager
Thanks to Broadcast Dialogue for the news that Roy McKenzie has resigned after about 2 years as Retail Sales Manager for C-FAX and KOOL-FM Victoria (also CTV Vancouver Island). He will assume his new responsibilities as VP and General Manager of the employee-owned CHEK-TV Victoria on August 1st.
Prior to his move to Victoria and his position with its Bell Media outlets McKenzie had some 20 years in radio sales with CILK and Astral Media in Kelowna.
McKenzie becomes CHEK’s fourth GM in about 17 months. John Pollard was replaced by Roy Gardner in March 2013; within three months he in turn had been replaced by Bill Pollock.
The Broadcast Dialogue item was posted under the very appropriate heading “Revolving Door.”
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men