CHEK Gets Another New General Manager
Thanks to Broadcast Dialogue for the news that Roy McKenzie has resigned after about 2 years as Retail Sales Manager for C-FAX and KOOL-FM Victoria (also CTV Vancouver Island). He will assume his new responsibilities as VP and General Manager of the employee-owned CHEK-TV Victoria on August 1st.
Prior to his move to Victoria and his position with its Bell Media outlets McKenzie had some 20 years in radio sales with CILK and Astral Media in Kelowna.
McKenzie becomes CHEK’s fourth GM in about 17 months. John Pollard was replaced by Roy Gardner in March 2013; within three months he in turn had been replaced by Bill Pollock.
The Broadcast Dialogue item was posted under the very appropriate heading “Revolving Door.”
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Bell, Cineplex, Rogers and Shaw are trying to censor the…
- Coast to Coast GONE from CKNW (Update)
- CKNW to Replace Their All-Night “Coast to Coast…
- Roundhouse Radio Picks up Coast to Coast AM with George…
- Katie Couric Leaving her Yahoo News Anchor Role
- Corus Radio Launches New Late-Night National Talk Show…
- CHEK-TV’s Gordie Tupper Packing it in
- CKNW AM 980 Changes Branding, Logo
- Ian Power Takes Mornings at Surrey’s Pulse 107.7
- New General Manager at Pattison Cranbrook Stations