Former KJR Disc Jockey To Head KGO
Metheny Named KGO-KSFO Ops Manager
June 19, 2014
Talk radio programming veteran Kevin Metheny has been named Operations Manager of KGO and KSFO/San Francisco, effective July 14th.
Metheny, who currently serves as Program Director of Cumulus Media sister News/Talker WJR/Detroit, previously spent some 13 years in programming stints with Clear Channel and Jacor Communications, and two years as PD at Tribune News/Talk WGN/Chicago.
The move to KGO and KSFO marks a return to the Bay Area for Metheny, whose long radio roots also include a prior stop as Ops Manager for KFRC-AM & FM back in the early 1990s. “It’s been a privilege to be Program Director of WJR,” said Metheny who joined the Motor City News/Talker in January of 2013.
“Though I will miss my Michigander friends and colleagues, I look forward to returning to the Bay Area and total immersion in the challenges and opportunities at KGO and KSFO.” Cumulus Media is now on a nationwide hunt for Metheny’s successor at WJR.
Back in the mid-seventies, Kevin was a popular KJR disc jockey by the name of Kevin O’Brien. It would be interesting to get a word from Pat O’Day, the guy who hired Kevin for the Seattle radio station gig.
Kevin Leaves KJR: (History)
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Michael Kuss quits Global BC to enter a career in Radio!…
- A Blood bath at Jack FM Vancouver
- Steve Darling, Mira Laurence, James Cybulski to Co-Host…
- Coleen Christie lands a new gig
- Martin Strong No Longer Hosting Mornings on Roundhouse
- Scott Rintoul Headed for PM Drive on Sportsnet 650?
- Kelowna’s JUICE sold to Castanet
- Michael Kuss to join Paul Brown Mornings on JACK FM…
- The Peak Welcomes Tyler and Lynch to mornings in Vancouver
- Edmonton Radio: Morning men