Shore 104 To Flip Within Days / Hours?

Has Newcap’s Shore 104 fired their entire line up in preparation for a full station relaunch as LG104.3?
all 3 show pages lead to dead links including Joonyer & Hatch, Sandra Klaric & Pam Stevens.

Edit: We got word that Ken Allen Joonyer & Pam Stevens were let go, and Graham Hatch is still in the building.

shore 104 web

Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 12.33.57 PM

ed: Shore 104‘s Twitter account has been renamed @LG1043

lg twitter

Published on June 17, 2014 at 12:32 pm by Dead Air Dave

Comments

June 17, 2014 - 12:53 pm

Brian

Laurie logan is on air right now at shore. I figured when she got hired for Z that she would eventually be part of the long term plans at 104.3 whatever it turns into. She is a great talent. I hope she gets reunited with Corey for a morning show on LG 104

June 17, 2014 - 1:04 pm

Brian

Just talked to someone I know on horseshoe and the flip is in the works. Happening before Canada day. But the new lineup debuts for the best of countdown Canada day long weekend

June 17, 2014 - 1:11 pm

Donovan

Where does this leave AM650? Newcap isn’t going to run two Classic Hits stations. Did the all-comedy “Funny” brand go to Bell?

June 17, 2014 - 2:06 pm

Brian

I think cisl goes am country. Classic country hits. Might be a small market but might take a run at jr-fm

June 17, 2014 - 2:15 pm

Donovan

The fact they’ve already rebranded their Twitter leads me to believe that the change will be coming by end of week. First day of Summer is also good timing for the debut of a new format.

June 17, 2014 - 2:21 pm

karen

From Pam’s Facebook; Funemployment 4.0!! Will the fun never stop!?

Best of luck Pam and everyone else affected.

June 17, 2014 - 2:28 pm

Brian

In my opinion the change will happen within 24 hours. Maybe do a wheel of format changes for a week or 2 then make the proper flip

June 17, 2014 - 3:13 pm

Donovan

I say as early as 5PM today.

June 17, 2014 - 3:24 pm

Brian

Laurie said coming up after 3 Pam Stevens was on air but nothing. So Laurie wasn’t informed during the voice tracking process. I figure 5 pm is a great time. And all signs point to it being accurate. The fact all the on air talent were blown out today and Twitter already changed to lg104. If not at 5 then tomorrow at the obviously predictable 10:43am

June 17, 2014 - 3:39 pm

Brian

The music on this station is good. I would have been a steady listener if they had an evening and weekend announcers. The on air staff they did have to me sounded voice tracked and almost sounded like they couldn’t have personality. Pam and Sandra were great on other stations. Here they sounded almost robotic or bored even

June 17, 2014 - 4:14 pm

Donovan

Haven’t heard commercials for the past half hour.

June 17, 2014 - 5:02 pm

Brian

I think I have heard one or 2 commercial breaks since 3. It’s been more music then anything

June 17, 2014 - 6:09 pm

Brian

Well 5pm came and went, so did 6pm and nothing. I can only assume sometime on Wednesday then, Just hope they don’t keep the vt’d Laurie Logan on air during the midday tomorrow

June 18, 2014 - 6:30 am

Dale

That’s too bad for all the hard working people on the air but we’ve seen it all before haven’t we. Those of us who’ve been in the business for more than a week have likely been a part of a similar scenario. Seems like the purges are more frequent now though so I’m happy at least that my on-air career is in the rear view mirror. Just wish the radio dreams (nightmares) would go away!)

I will miss the music on Shore though. In my early 50’s I’m not ready for a steady diet of nostalgia. No “adult alternative” here anymore. Might have to activate the satellite radio that came with my new car…

June 22, 2014 - 4:10 pm

Dori

I LOVED The Shore. Don’t like the “new” music line up being played by LG 104.3 and am at a loss which station to turn to. The Shore was great….

June 22, 2014 - 8:53 pm

Les

I’m heartbroken. I worked all weekend and looked forward to coming home and doing my paperwork and streaming Shore FM on my phone in Winnipeg. Shore FM was my favourite station when I lived in Vancouver and moved to Winnipeg in October 2013. I loved it but now it’s gone.

I connected my bluetooth and started streaming and I hated what I heard. I texted my friend in Vancouver that I was heartbroken. He works in radio. He suggested I listen to The Peak. It ain’t no Shore FM but it’ll have to do.

*weep*

June 23, 2014 - 8:18 am

Elaine

Well, I certainly won’t be listening to this crap. Couldn’t believe it when I turned the radio on the other day, thought I’d somehow got off the station. I’d rather listen to 101.1 CFMI if I want old music. Very disappointed.

June 23, 2014 - 10:13 am

Penny

Noooooo more classic rock…I am 59 yrs old and I don’t wanna listen to that old crap! There are lots of stations playing that for all the boomers that can’t move on. I want my adult alternative back! cripes.

June 23, 2014 - 12:37 pm

Anonymous

I hate this new station! I also thought that I had somehow gotten off the station. It’s boring – I’m so disappointed. I really miss Joonyer & Hatch – they made my day.

June 23, 2014 - 6:33 pm

Mar

How could they change that station to “easy listening” — no more good music being produced since 1960?? Wow — lock us up now!

June 23, 2014 - 6:36 pm

Cam

@Mar

The Station is not an easy listening. format Maybe give the station a listen before making ridiculous comments.

June 24, 2014 - 1:02 pm

Ray

Better off to listen to CBC radio 2 mornings 6-9 or Drive 3:30 – 7:00 pm as Shore modeled it’s programming on these 2 shows. Also check out Randy Bachman vinyl tab and Geo. Strombo Sunday nights

June 25, 2014 - 11:33 am

Carrie

Honestly! Like we need another old, classic, overplayed music station! New station is crap. At least I still have 102.7 The Peak to listen too.

June 25, 2014 - 11:29 pm

Sylvia

I tried listening to new format, if that’s what I wanted, then there are plenty of other stations for that. I still haven’t found another station to go with. I want adult alternative!

June 27, 2014 - 2:21 pm

Tanya

I’ve just deleted the station off my favorites list in the car. The new format is so bad. More of the same old same old. I LOVED the “Alternative” format…was listening from day 1. So sad it has changed for the worse.

June 29, 2014 - 9:58 am

Steve C

I agree. Who needs more oldies? 102.7 and CBC2, I guess.

July 5, 2014 - 12:51 pm

Robin

Just got back from vacation, tuned into the Shore and learned of the change. WTF?????? A greatest hits/classics station??? Isn`t that format well represented by Rock 101 and Jack FM? I cannot believe the Shore had such poor ratings and low listener numbers to prompt this change. Whatever the reason, Newcrap has made a monumentally stupid decision. (New Coke anyone?) Maybe when this station circles the bowl and flushes away, someone will recognize the huge mistake made here and bring back Triple A. Until then I will be tuning in elsewhere.

July 10, 2014 - 1:36 pm

Susan

I agree with all of the comments above. We have had over 30 years of listening to this music over and over again and I am at a loss as to why you have decided that “classic” music is a better choice than the adult alternative format. I used to hop from station to station until you started with the adult alternative format. I was a loyal listener every day but you have lost me now for sure.

July 12, 2014 - 10:11 am

Lisa

Does anyone know a station similar to the Shore that can be streamed. I’m desperately missing the Shore….:(

July 23, 2014 - 6:36 pm

Anonymous

Still cannot get over my sadness.. nothing compares to you.