Rush Limbaugh died this morning at age 70 (Update)

Rush Limbaugh

Word just in, after a year long battle with cancer, Rush Limbaugh left this world after an incredible 33 year broadcast career.

Rush Limbaugh, the monumentally influential media icon who transformed talk radio and politics in his decades behind the microphone, helping shape the modern-day Republican Party, died Wednesday at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, his family announced.

More to follow…

from The Hill...

Rush Limbaugh, the radio host who revolutionized conservative talk radio and became the medium’s biggest and most influential star, is dead at the age of 70.

Limbaugh died after a battle with lung cancer, his family announced, according to a report by Fox News

The death was announced on his program by his wife, Kathryn Limbaugh.

President Trump talks about his friend Rush Limbaugh on Fox News HERE

Published on February 17, 2021 at 9:21 am by Voice Over

Comments

February 17, 2021 - 11:51 am

Louis

RIP Mr Limbaugh. Prayers for you and your family.

Like him or not it was interesting to read the first line of most media outlets announcement of his death. Their was a negative or disparaging comment in most. Couldn’t even make it one sentence. smh Bias shows up even in death.

February 17, 2021 - 12:32 pm

Sean

RIP Rush

February 17, 2021 - 1:38 pm

Cephas

Slimeball writer/editor at news1130 website headlines with ‘Rightwing…’. Even if you hate him,

respect should be shown. Limbaugh was an institution. The often said “he/she will be sorely

missed” is OFTEN overblown, but not for Rush🎤

February 17, 2021 - 7:10 pm

Cephas

***** Gutless Global news at 6 TODAY without a word about Rush.
Wow! Do they REALLY hate him…and anything conservative…THAT MUCH?
Screw you Chris, Sophie, and whoever the PATHETIC news director is.

February 17, 2021 - 7:33 pm

Les

RIP Mr. Limbaugh.

When I was a younger man and in my more liberal mindset, I did not have much to agree over with Rush. Thank God, I woke up in life, swallowed some red pills and began to see of how a man like Rush thought and could more or less defend his POV. Rush was true to himself and his ideals, he was Red, White and Blue American and was more correct than not. My red pilling has come to see me better understand that of him and those others much like him.

As for the vile haterz of him and his passing, well they just tell us more of themselves.

The difference between hate of a politician or national leader and Rush Limbaugh and those like him, is politicians carry out actions or laws that harm people including maybe one’s own self.

Ie: When Castro died I was happy and spoke crap of the miserable tyrant. The list of dead repugnant politicians who died deserving of hate is long. But Rush Limbaugh was not a policy maker, he spoke his mind and yes may have helped shape opinions of others but never forced others to his opinions. To speak of vile hate towards him is the sign of a morally deprived and likely low information person.

Many of these ignorant people cheered for evil men like Castro, Chavez and Guevara . Che ‘POS’ Guevara noted that he personally executed (shooting in the back of the head) at least 1,500 people in his disgusting, pitiful existence, yet many ignorant fools on the left champion him.

February 17, 2021 - 9:19 pm

BMCQ

For as long as I can remember I have always loved listen in to Rush while driving around California or anywhere else in my U.S. travels, a great Listening experience !

I will miss him very much .

R.I.P.

February 18, 2021 - 4:23 am

A voice of reason and common sense that will be greatly missed. Rest In Peace Mr Limbaugh

February 18, 2021 - 12:23 pm

Robb

Cephas. I’m assuming you were aiming for irony with your two posts. The first says, “Even if you hate him, respect should be shown.” Followed by a post completely devoid of respect for local broadcasters (you know, even if you hate them).