Terry Schintz joins @News1130

Terry Schintz

Thanks to Charmaine de [email protected]_des Twitter

Excited to welcome @TerrySchintz to @NEWS1130. Terry will bring his wealth of experience to our team as Morning Anchor & Managing Editor. He’s one of the best anchors & newsroom leaders in Canada, and has guided a generation of journalists (myself included.)

Congrats, Schintzy!

Published on November 24, 2020 at 4:12 pm by Voice Over

Comments

November 24, 2020 - 4:18 pm

Jay

Congratulations! I will be happy to hear him again!

November 24, 2020 - 4:55 pm

Bad optics

Have to think the optics of this could be handled better so soon after saying goodbye to several long time staff members.

November 24, 2020 - 7:21 pm

Steve Simpson

The best news I have heard today. Well done Terry

November 24, 2020 - 7:43 pm

Alex

Great news

November 24, 2020 - 8:37 pm

Ken

I know which station I’ll be tuning my dial

November 24, 2020 - 10:33 pm

Dunc Speight

Great

November 24, 2020 - 11:07 pm

Kate M

According to Twitter, looks like there’s been some fancy new job titles and no doubt some pay rises for a whole handful of managers too, as it appears the ‘integration’ with City News will go deeper. No doubt this comes as many staffers on the front line keep their near-below living wage hourly pay, and stay stuck on ‘part time’ contracts with little job security.

November 25, 2020 - 11:47 am

mary

Congratulations to Terry Schintz!! He is absolutely THE best News Anchor and Newsroom leader. Plus, always read and responded to concerns, possible news tips/ideas of his listeners.
Kudos to News 1130 for having him join the team !!

November 25, 2020 - 9:57 pm

Greg

Great news! At least he knows how to read the news without making 50 mistakes in one 5 min newscast!

November 25, 2020 - 11:31 pm

Tom Terrific

Congrats Terry, Afternoons on NW have been much less professional without you on the news desk.

November 26, 2020 - 4:21 am

Doc Harris

Good on ya, Terry. You were getting to be one of the few that kept NW sounding like NW. You and I both know that it sure isn’t what it once was. Didn’t expect you to be on the beach for long. Excellent move!

November 26, 2020 - 12:42 pm

Terry Bell

Congratulations, Mr. Schintz! What took you so long? Kidding. I knew it was only a matter of time before you were putting your many talents to good use. A good thing also that there will be some familiar faces in the News Room to welcome you into the fold. You have always been an inspiration to many newsies young and old over the years and now comes a new chapter in your biography. I think now may be a great time to re-grow your moustache!

November 26, 2020 - 2:18 pm

George in Richmond

Congratulations Mr. Schintz
You have found employment in this unsettled time. Unfortunately, I have some friends who, as a result of over-reaction by governments and cult-worshipping of Dr. Tam and Henry by regular folks and media-types, lost their income stream and business and have not been able to find employment.

Please do rectify the group-think and failure to ask real questions and hold politians and appointed apparatiks feet to the fire by the spineless newspeople we have today in BC and do your duty as a member of the 4th Estate.

I will be tuning into NEWS 1130 with bated ears

November 28, 2020 - 7:48 am

Albert

Who is this George in Richmond. His article doesn’t make sense to me,

November 28, 2020 - 11:59 am

Richard

HAHAHAHAHHA – what is wrong with you people and your “CONGRATS”?????

This is the same Terry Schintz that belched RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA for 3 straight years regarding Trump along side his sidekick Gord NWO MacDonald. We all know how that turned out.

So what you have is a FAKE NEWS man getting a job at another FAR LEFT WOKE Fake News station……hilarious.

January 5, 2021 - 10:19 pm

AJ

Terry
You got a very soothing voice, nice to hear you
All the best!