Trudeau government looking to force news outlets to get government licences
February 2, 2020
Canadian Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault suggested news media in Canada should be regulated, requiring news outlets in Canada to be licenced.
“If you’re a distributor of content in Canada and obviously if you’re a very small media organization the requirement probably wouldn’t be the same if you’re Facebook, or Google. There would have to be some proportionality embedded into this,” Guilbeault told Evan Solomon an interview on CTV’s Question Period.
“We would ask that they have a licence, yes,” Guilbeault continued.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Vancouver’s Z95.3 Changes its Morning Show
- Kid Carson gets the Morning Show at Vancouver’s Z 95.3
- Simi Sara Appointed Official Breakfast Host at NW
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Nov. 25 2019 –…
- Graham Hatch Out of his Afternoon Drive slot at…
- CKNW Officially Names New Talk Show Hosts
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- David Bray Analyzes VANCOUVER Radio PPM’s,…
- ‘Inducing panic’: Media under fire for…
- Edmonton Radio PPM Ratings… Nov 25, 2019 – Feb…