RIP Wayne Stafford, 76
The sad news came yesterday via Chuck McCoy‘s Facebook page.
My heart is heavy today in hearing the news that my dear friend and former CHUM colleague Wayne Stafford passed away this morning on the day of his 76th birthday. Wayne and I worked together and yes played together as PD/GSM at CFUN in Vancouver back in the early and mid-70s and became life long friends.
I saw Wayne last a couple of years back when I visited him in Windsor. That goofy laugh and his love of oldies are foremost in my mind today. So long “Moose”. Sha -Boom, Sha-Boom.
Chuck tells us that Wayne got his start at CJGX in Yorkton Saskatchewan, then went to Winnipeg. Other broadcast stops included two years as Sales Manager at CKRM Regina, then in 1974 GSM at CFUN Vancouver, followed by CKDA Victoria and then the CHUM cluster in Windsor/Detroit. There may have been more stations, but those are the ones that Chuck could recall.
We later learned that in 1984 Wayne had launched an unsuccessful bid to wrest control of CKDA and its sister CFMS from Dave Armstrong. But that was not to be.
Our sincere condolences to Wayne Stafford’s family and friends.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Senior Reporter Peter Akman Turfed at CTV After…
- Soper and Brown ride again on 97.7 HTZfm
- Seattle iHeart Cuts Run Deep
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- Jon McComb Wearies of Retirement, Prepping a Podcast
- CBC down billions after losing rights to Hockey…
- Recent Moves … as of Feb. 17th 2020
- CBC TV is a shambles: Nobody watches TV out of patriotism
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…