’60 Minutes’ Grills YouTube CEO: Why Aren’t You Censoring More People?
December 2, 2019
Leslie Stahl of CBS News’ 60 Minutes has released her interview with YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki. During the interview, the CBS reporter demanded to know why YouTube isn’t censoring more “hate speech” and “conspiracy theories.”
This comes even as other sections of the mainstream media worry that authoritarian countries are using terms invented by left-wing journalists in the west, like “fake news,” as tools of censorship.
Lesley Stahl: You recently tightened your policy on hate speech.
Susan Wojcicki: Uh-huh.
Lesley Stahl: Why– why’d you wait so long?
Susan Wojcicki: Well, we have had hate policies since the very beginning of YouTube. And we–
Lesley Stahl: But pretty ineffective
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Corus Radio’s Alberta Shakeup: Two Country 105…
- On the road with billionaire Jim Pattison
- Ricky Gervais Tells Hollywood to “F***…
- Rosemary Barton dropped from CBC’s The National,…
- Scores are Cut Loose in US iHeart Restructuring
- Veteran journalists depart CTV Ottawa amid ‘dramatic…
- Troy Scott joins Rogers with a move to Calgary…
- Bell plans to remove AMC from Bell TV on February 1
- Luisa Alvarez Leaves CHEK for CTV Vancouver
- Vancouver weekly ‘Georgia Straight’ sold…