“Again, all protocols were followed and the second set of recommendations fully affirmed the first set,” the network said of Britt McHenry’s claims against Tyrus.
In a new statement, Fox News revealed that it conducted a second investigation into the sexual misconduct claims made by Fox Nation host Britt McHenry against colleague Tyrus.
In June, the network said that “this situation was independently investigated and we consider the matter resolved.”
But, in response to a sexual harassment complaint filed by McHenry’s lawyer, Lisa Bloom, with New York State’s Division of Human Rights, Fox News revealed the new investigation.
“As we previously said, this matter was immediately and thoroughly investigated by an outside law firm charged with providing independent factual findings and recommendations for action based on the evidence,” the network said in a statement. “All protocols were followed; the recommendations we received were appropriate and promptly implemented. Since then, we voluntarily engaged a second outside investigator to look at any additional evidence presented, and to review the first investigator’s findings/recommendations in light of any evidence. Again, all protocols were followed and the second set of recommendations fully affirmed the first set.”
The network’s statement continued: “We respect the confidentiality of our employees and their involvement in any HR process and therefore will not comment on the results of either independent investigation. We will, however, defend the administrative charge filed in the New York State Division of Human Rights.”
In an additional statement on Friday, the network said in part: “We recognize Britt’s right to tell her side of the story and will defend in litigation our actions, which have been evidence-based and wholly appropriate.”
McHenry, a former ESPN personality, has alleged that Tyrus, a retired wrestler, sent her sexually suggestive text messages and behaved inappropriately toward her in person.
Read more HERE.