Alanna Kelly New Reporter/Anchor at CTV Vancouver Island
She calls herself a Torontonian who fell in love with the West Coast. About two weeks ago Alanna Kelly left her spot at Kelowna’s Castanet news service to join the CTV station in Victoria.
After debuting as a voiceover and on-camera reporter in the past week, last night (August 4th) she anchored her first newscast, handling the station’s 30-minute Sunday newscast at 6 pm & 11. She did a very competent job, displaying no signs of nervousness whatsoever, and reading error-free from the teleprompter.
Alanna was in the news herself earlier this year, when a young man yelled a sexually-charged vulgar comment at her while she was conducting a TV interview in the Okanagan. He was arrested and charged with creating a disturbance.
Another recent addition to the CTV newsroom in Victoria is Brad MacLeod who transferred from the CTV station in Calgary.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Drex to Leave CKNW and National Corus Late Night…
- First the GM’s, Now Harvard Slashes Air Staff…
- Oprah, Ellen & Kimmel are in BIG Trouble
- Harvard Broadcasting Cuts Senior Management (UPDATED)
- RIP Miles Ramsay, famed for A&W’s Great…
- Looney Left Vancouver Council turned the City I was…
- John Doyle: ‘COVID-era CBC TV is a shambles’
- The Snitches Who Betrayed Wendy Mesley
- Jordan Armstrong is a very fine example of what…
- Vancouver Radio PPM’s .. Feb. 24 – May 24 2020