A young man who said Kevin Spacey groped him in a Nantucket bar in 2016 has dropped his lawsuit against the Oscar-winning actor.
Mitchell Garabedian, a lawyer for the man, announced in an email Friday that the suit filed June 26 in Nantucket Superior Court has been voluntarily dismissed. No reason was provided either by Garabedian or in the court filing. Garabedian said he would have no further comment.
Spacey still faces a criminal charge, related to the allegations by the man, who was 18 at the time of the alleged incident. He has pleaded not guilty to indecent assault and battery in January.
An email was left Friday requesting comment from Alan Jackson, Spacey’s lawyer. A telephone message was also left at his office.
Suit can’t be refiled
Jackson has previously said the man was lying in the hopes of winning money in a civil case against Spacey.
According to the court filing, the suit was dismissed “with prejudice,” which means it cannot be refiled.
Read the rest of the story HERE.