Despite Massive Injection Of Taxpayer Money, CBC’s ‘The National’ Is Getting Terrible Ratings
June 3, 2019
CBC has received a massive injection of taxpayer money under the Trudeau government.
Despite already being well-funded previously, Trudeau upped their budget to the point at which CBC now gets around $1.5 billion per year.
And that money is on top of the advertising revenue they receive, as CBC is allowed to benefit both from being State Media, and from the private advertising market.
This gives CBC a totally unfair advantage, putting private broadcasters on an unequal footing.
Yet despite this huge built in advantage, CBC is unable to convince people to watch their biggest news show – The National.
As noted by Graeme Gordon in the Toronto Sun, the ratings of the revamped 4-host show are quite bad:
“More than 18 months have passed since CBC poured a boatload of money into rebooting and heavily promoting its flagship news show, The National.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- 102.7 The Peak’s James Sutton and Casey Jo…
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Vancouver Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Edmonton Radio PPM Ratings .. Feb. 25 – May 26 2019
- Vancouver Radio PPM Demographics June 2019
- Victoria Radio Ratings … Diary Spring 2019