Despite Massive Injection Of Taxpayer Money, CBC’s ‘The National’ Is Getting Terrible Ratings
June 3, 2019
CBC has received a massive injection of taxpayer money under the Trudeau government.
Despite already being well-funded previously, Trudeau upped their budget to the point at which CBC now gets around $1.5 billion per year.
And that money is on top of the advertising revenue they receive, as CBC is allowed to benefit both from being State Media, and from the private advertising market.
This gives CBC a totally unfair advantage, putting private broadcasters on an unequal footing.
Yet despite this huge built in advantage, CBC is unable to convince people to watch their biggest news show – The National.
As noted by Graeme Gordon in the Toronto Sun, the ratings of the revamped 4-host show are quite bad:
“More than 18 months have passed since CBC poured a boatload of money into rebooting and heavily promoting its flagship news show, The National.
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Vancouver’s CKNW Celebrates 75 Years!
- Freeway Frank & Co-host ousted from Virgin Montreal