RIP Maurice Foisy, ex-CHQM at 86
The sad news comes via Gord Lansdell at his Northwest Broadcasters site. Maurice Foisy, whose giant pipes resonated from CHQM Vancouver for over three decades, has died at age 86 after several years of serious lung dysfunction.
He was one of the first announcers hired at CHQM in 1959, brought in from CBC Halifax by founder Bill Bellman, staying until 1991. He became Production Manager and then Program Director.
In later years he worked for CKST AM 1040 and read books for the visually impaired at UBC’s Crane Library.
Our sincere condolences to his family.
Thanks to Vancouver Broadcasters for the pictures.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Sportsnet Prepares for Massive Layoffs
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- Bob McCown Confirms he’s Leaving Sportsnet…
- Sportsnet Jettisons Number of Off-Air Jobs in Rogers…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Matthew McBride on the CRTC Hot Seat in September
- Former Seattle/Spokane Radio Personality J.J.…
- RIP Former CKNW Promotions Ace John Plul