Larry King in Hospital, Recovering from Heart Procedure
Legendary TV host Larry King has revealed his battle with lung cancer, and opened up about the diagnosis to “Extra’s” Mario Lopez. USA TODAY
Larry King is recovering in a hospital after undergoing a heart procedure on Thursday, according to Ora TV, the network behind “Larry King Now.”
King, 85, was set to have a scheduled angioplasty Thursday when he began experiencing “angina and went to the hospital early to be examined.”
According to the Mayo Clinic, angina is chest pain that is caused by a reduced blood flow to the heart.
The veteran TV and radio host survived a heart attack in 1987 and underwent quintuple bypass surgery, which prompted him to quit a lifelong three-pack-a-day cigarette habit and lose weight.
“His doctor successfully performed the angioplasty and inserted stents to reopen the previous bypass from 1987,” Ora TV said in the statement.
“He has been recuperating in the hospital and is scheduled to be released soon. His doctors expect him to make a full recovery.”
King has had previous health issues, including prostate cancer, and he lives with Type 2 diabetes.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- CTV News reporter MELTS DOWN after Rebel News asks…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- David Menzies ARRESTED at Andrew Scheer Conservative…
- Sun FM Kelowna is now Virgin
- From Fired Radio Host To Successful Podcaster
- Scott Fox & Kat Callaghan are returning to…
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107