Game of Thrones Season 8 premiere watched by Record 2.9 million Canadians
The number of people who tuned in broke Canadian TV records
By Brad Bennett for MobileSyrup.com APR 15, 2019
The first episode of Game of Throne’s final season broke ‘Specialty’ and ‘Pay TV’ records in Canada with 2.9 million views on Crave. When the show began, 2.1 million people watched it live, with the remaining 800,000 starting later in the evening.
Sunday was also the biggest night for Crave’s digital platforms ever. The number of Crave sign-ups also spiked 1000 percent in the week leading up to the show’s debut.
On Sunday before the first episode aired, sign-ups were up 3000 percent, according to Bell Media. Bell is hoping this sets the tone to make 2019 the biggest year for the streaming service ever with other HBO releases like Big Little Lies, Watchmen and the Drake-produced Euphoria.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- CTV News reporter MELTS DOWN after Rebel News asks…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- David Menzies ARRESTED at Andrew Scheer Conservative…
- Sun FM Kelowna is now Virgin
- From Fired Radio Host To Successful Podcaster
- Scott Fox & Kat Callaghan are returning to…
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107