SNOPES throws in the towel with Facebook “fact checking” after being caught fabricating LIES and covering for fake news media
by Isabelle Z.
March 4, 2019
Of course, that’s not the official reason they’re throwing in the towel. In a statement, they cited limited resources as their primary motivation, saying that manually flagging false info was simply too big of a task for its team of 16 people.
The site partnered with Facebook in December 2016 on the pretense of cracking down on fake news like that seen during the presidential election of that year; they made $100,000 for their efforts last year. Facebook uses Snopes’ fact checks to change how its algorithm presents stories to users.
Two former workers of Snopes, ex-Managing Editor Brooke Binkowski and ex-Fact Checker Kim La Capria, told The Guardian that they got the impression the company did not care about its fact checking partners.
Binkowski said: “They’ve essentially used us for crisis PR. They’re not taking anything seriously. They are more interested in making themselves look good and passing the buck… They clearly don’t care.”
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- And the cuts keep on coming… Sportsnet 650…
- CTV News reporter MELTS DOWN after Rebel News asks…
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Summerland BC loses its Live Local Morning Show
- David Menzies ARRESTED at Andrew Scheer Conservative…
- Sun FM Kelowna is now Virgin
- From Fired Radio Host To Successful Podcaster
- Scott Fox & Kat Callaghan are returning to…
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107