SNOPES throws in the towel with Facebook “fact checking” after being caught fabricating LIES and covering for fake news media
by Isabelle Z.
March 4, 2019
Of course, that’s not the official reason they’re throwing in the towel. In a statement, they cited limited resources as their primary motivation, saying that manually flagging false info was simply too big of a task for its team of 16 people.
The site partnered with Facebook in December 2016 on the pretense of cracking down on fake news like that seen during the presidential election of that year; they made $100,000 for their efforts last year. Facebook uses Snopes’ fact checks to change how its algorithm presents stories to users.
Two former workers of Snopes, ex-Managing Editor Brooke Binkowski and ex-Fact Checker Kim La Capria, told The Guardian that they got the impression the company did not care about its fact checking partners.
Binkowski said: “They’ve essentially used us for crisis PR. They’re not taking anything seriously. They are more interested in making themselves look good and passing the buck… They clearly don’t care.”
Read More HERE
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- TSN 1040’s Dave Pratt out as Bell Media makes…
- Vancouver Radio PPMs Nov. 26 2018 – Feb. 24 2019
- Edmonton Radio PPMs – Nov. 26th – Feb 24th 2019
- Only female and white candidate gets deplatformed…
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- CBC apologizes for broadcasting fake news on the…
- Longtime WABC Weather Anchor is Suddenly Gone
- David Espinosa Hall Out at Seattle’s KING TV
- Another Firing at TSN 1040 .. Football Analyst…
- 101.5 Today Radio Signs on in Calgary, Replacing KooL FM