George Garrett Autobiography Due in Two Weeks
As brought to our attention by Gord Lansdell at his Northwest Broadcasters site, legendary CKNW investigative reporter George Garrett (pictured above), has written a book about his more than 40 years as a reporter on BC’s Lower Mainland. He retired from the business in 1999.
In this memoir, Garrett shares the behind-the-scenes tales of his harrowing, humorous and occasionally humiliating investigative tactics and delves into the personal details of his life, sharing the hardships and resilience that marks him as an empathetic storyteller.
The hundreds, nay thousands od radio people who worked both with and competitively with George over his decades on the beat, will undoubtedly be lined up to get a copy.
Since his retirement George has been heavily involved as a volunteer driver transporting seniors to their cancer treatment appointments.
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Jordan Armstrong, Neetu Garcha to New Slots at Global BC
- CTV News Cutting Jobs in Five Provinces, says union
- Scott Fee Returns to CHEK-TV as News Director
- Dave “Bookie” Bookman is in hospital
- Longtime Canuck Beat Reporter Jason Botchford Dies…
- Shaw Sells Off its Stake in Corus for $548 Million
- DISGUSTING: Taxpayer-Funded CBC Puts Omar Khadr On…
- CFAX, Virgin FM and CTV Van. Island Evacuate…
- Paul Larsen Exits Global Okanagan