Troy McCallum joins with Matt on the ‘Sound Off’ Podcast
Troy McCallum had it all figured out. He listened to the episode with Gruff Gushnowski and knew that doing the podcast in the car would be a fitting place to talk radio. After all, he spends up to 3 hours a day in the car listening to the radio on the way to work as program director at Boom 97.3 in Toronto. Troy and I spent about half of his commute home talking about his early days in radio, his affinity for the Classic Hits format, programming said format, and discussing two trips he took last year. One to Philadelphia where he had his first breath of podcast air at Podcast Movement 18, and a trip to New York where he got to meet the legendary Broadway Bill Lee at WCBS-FM.
There’s so much to learn about Troy and the roots of his creativity which stem from performance, to acting and then directing, to the collaborations of some Boom 97.3 mainstays like 97.3 Seconds and Behind the Vinyl. He also writes a lot of imaging, and has a good relationship with station voice Joe Cipriano, a must for any successful radio station.
Matt Cundill works with radio groups on digital strategies and talent coaching. He recently started the Sound Off Podcast: The Podcast about Broadcast”
” The Sound Off Podcast is committed to helping broadcasters find their way through the digital revolution. “
Search Puget Sound Radio
Popular Articles This Month
- CONFIRMED: Off-Air Bloodbath at CTV Vancouver
- Victoria’s CHEK Adds Joe Perkins, Loses Ben…
- Edmonton’s HOT 107 Rebrands As POWER 107
- Changes coming to KiSS Victoria… yes again.
- Calvin To Leaving CHEK
- Andrew Grose Exits 630 CHED
- Victoria’s Newish Radio Station is called, you…
- Willy In The Morning Launches On Q 107 In Calgary
- Vancouver’s CKNW Celebrates 75 Years!
- ‘CBS Evening News’ ratings plummet on Norah…